The spring days in Baltimore have been beautiful! Since it was warm and sunny this past Sunday I decided to do a fun photoshoot.
Right after church Shawn (my boyfriend for all of my new readers ^-^) and I went to a casual and simple locations and the pics are below:
I really loved this photoshoot because it was untraditional and not constructed. I just wanted to let loose and embrace the sunshine.
From the very start of 2017, I’ve been trying to focus a lot on my goals for the future, especially a few big ones I have for this year alone.
Sometimes spending so much time planning and preparing can get overwhelming and stressful. That’s why I felt that this photoshoot was so meaningful.
I wasn’t stressed or worried about what tasks I need to do in the next week. I was just outside in the moment and enjoying the sun.
Take some time this week to just step outside and feel the sun in your face. Your goals and plans will still be there, let loose and have some fun!
It’s Day 6 of Black History Month, so I decided to touch on a few inspiring images and quotes showcasing black pride! It is so important to see positive role models and examples of people like you doing what you sometimes feel is the impossible.
1) Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monae, & Taraji P. Henson as the leading ladies in “Hidden Figures”
2) “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.”
3) Chance the Rapper Modeling for “Thanks Obama” Fashion Line
4) “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
—Booker T. Washington
5) Disney Channel will be showcasing inspiring African American stories for Black History Month
6) 5th Grade Teacher, Barry White, has a personalized handshake for each of his students
7) “We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.”
—Jesse Owens, African American world record-setting Olympic athlete
Me! Rocking a dashiki and headwrap ❤